BMW Groups' contribution to UK economy
A new report published by Oxford Economics makes clear the significance of BMW Group's business operations to the UK economy.
- The activities of BMW Group contribute £1.2 billion each year to UK GDP
- For every additional £1 contribution to UK GDP directly generated by the company and its dealer network, £2.20 in GDP is created across the UK economy
- BMW Group and its dealer network employ 18,000 people directly while supporting over 46,000 UK jobs in total
- 80 per cent of MINIs and 90 per cent of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars are exported. In total, £2.4 billion worth of cars and engines are exported each year, accounting for around one per cent of all goods exported by UK companies
- BMW Group and its dealer network spend nearly £1.2 billion each year sourcing goods and services from UK-based suppliers through the payment of employee income tax, national insurance contributions, business rates and VAT on vehicle sales, the activities of BMW Group and its dealer network directly contribute over £900 million per annum to the UK Exchequer